The electronics market is booming and flourishing with newer and more latest models entering the market every day. The models differ in features, prices, and so on. Even though consumers are spoiled for choice, choosing the right one can be a very daunting task. Some might even feel overwhelmed with the choices.
So, this article tries to help you choose the best refrigerator in 10 minutes and includes a refrigerator buying guide. First and foremost, however, is to make a wish list. Jot down all the features you want in your refrigerators, such as attached freezer, space, water filtration system, power consumption, and budget constraints.
With this ‘wishlist’ handy, you can then narrow down the choices and select the one that meets all your preferences and requirements. Here are some of the best refrigerator brands. You can also directly jump to our list of best Double Door Refrigerators under 25000 in India.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Refrigerator Buying Guide in India
- 2 Points to Remember before Buying a Fridge in India
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Best Refrigerator Buying Guide in India
When it comes to refrigerators, the LG brand has always come first. They provide quality, value for money, and have some of the best innovative features. For instance, there are single-door, double-door, and mini-refrigerators, all at great prices. Since refrigerators are the most used electronic product in the kitchen, attention is paid to durability. Also, they are highly energy efficient. Some of the features include
- Adjustable shelves and ice dispensers
- Built-in stabilizers
- Deodorizer and moisture control
Samsung has become the favorite brand when it comes to home appliances. Because of great products at budget prices and, most importantly, excellent customer service. The Digital Inverter Technology, recess handle, and hidden hinges make the Samsung refrigerator a worthy investment
- Temperature Control for freezer and fridge
- Adjustable shelves and bottle racks
- Ice dispensers inhigh-end models
Whirlpool brand comes loaded with IntelliSense and AI microprocessors. They are the most original in this category and can optimize temperature based on food items and outside temperature. The whirlpool appliances are innovative with ease-of-use design.
- Flexi-vents and anti-bacterial filters
- Reduced oxidation capability to maximize freshness
- Deep freeze and great looks
Because of German engineering, Bosch enjoys a niche market all over the world. It offers a premier range of technologically advanced home appliances. The models come with the lowest noise and are energy efficient.
- Natural lift shelf with bottle grid
- Multi airflow system and active warning system by temperature increase
- Big box with excellent storage space and easy shelves
Godrej, as the Indian brand, knows the pulse of Indian consumers. So, they have a loyal Indian market because of their easy affordability. The newer models come with innovative technology and attractive features. The Godrej brand is committed to making environmentally friendly products, and their refrigerators have zero ozone depletion potential.
- Best in class energy efficiency
- Minimal cooling loss and thickest insulation
- Toughened glass shelves and deep bottle chiller tray, large capacity vegetable tray
- Door lock
Being a Swedish brand, Electrolux has an elegant design, finish, and innovative features such as intelligent cooling. This brand has made its name felt in the kitchen appliances market with varied appliances. Their latest addition, the triple door fridge, is beautiful.
- Unique and perfect temp drawer
- Attention to detail
Points to Remember before Buying a Fridge in India
The best tip is to shortlist all the features you want and then select the model that suits it. For additional refrigerator buying guides & tips, mentioned below are a few:
- Space and layout: This is important so that the refrigerator doors can be opened with ease and proper distance is maintained from the kitchen cooking counter.
- Features: Some have innovative features such as ice and water dispensers etc. Look for the features you will use most and select accordingly.
- Fridge capacity and storage: Fridges are offering pantry-style French Door, classic top or bottom, or specialized under-counter refrigerator models. So, if kids are around, you may prefer the ones with extra doors and so on and ample spaces to store, for example, pizza boxes. Think about how many people are in the family, how much grocery shopping is done, etc.
- Color and finish: Lastly, refrigerators come in a variety of colors and hues. So, check out all the colors and see the ones with a finish that are easy to clean and are fingerprint-resistant.
- Warranty: It is always better to have an extended warranty on home appliances. It is worth the additional cost since the refrigerator does not come cheap. Also, look out if they have an annual maintenance contract.
How to choose the right refrigerator that fits the budget?
Consider the cost by first starting with a rough estimate. Then study the size. A small fridge will do for a single person, whereas for a large family, investing in a bigger fridge makes sense. Importantly, look for energy efficiency. A five-star refrigerator costs more than a 2 star, but the overall electricity costs are cut down in the long run.
What are some of the main features to look for in the refrigerator?
One of the things to look out for are the Shelves. The toughened glass shelf type is the best. The Dairy compartments and Quick chill zone are other must-have options. Notably, there should be the innovative Auto-Connect, which helps connect the fridge with the home inverter in case of power failure.
How to improve the fridge’s effectiveness?
Hot food should not be kept in the refrigerator, and avoid opening the fridge door frequently. Adjust the fridge temperature regularly to increase compressor efficiency during the summers and winters. Also, do not stack the items inside the fridge as this will obstruct the airflow and reduce cooling. Regularly check for frost build-up and arrange to defrost it at regular intervals.
What is a Direct Cool or frost-free refrigerator?
The direct cool refrigerator uses natural convection to circulate the cool air, whereas the frost-free fridge will give more hassle-free uniform cooling. Direct cool fridges require manual defrosting.
Since a refrigerator is an expensive appliance, it is considered a long-term investment. So, take your time and do the needed research before deciding which one to buy. To reiterate, think about the family size, budget, eating habits, features, capacity, etc., and then consider the brand accordingly.