Gone are the days when TV was just used for watching TV shows, serials, and movies relayed through the cables or DTH boxes. Now the connections are all wireless or through Bluetooth. There is now the possibility to watch YouTube, OTT platforms, and even personal media. With newer and latest TV models steadily entering the market, choosing the suitable Smart TV becomes complicated. Especially during 2021, when most of the time is spent indoors, the value of TV is realized even more now.
Choosing a suitable smart TV is so tricky because of the wide range of choices available today. To make it easier, here are a few points. Pondering on it will show that this is the best buying guide for Smart TV in 2021.
Overall, the best choice of Smart TV goes to Mi 4A Horizon Edition (43 inches). This is because it is a Full HD Android Smart TV with Google Assistant, built-in Chromecast, and a 1-year warranty.
The Premium Choice goes to LG TV 65UM7290PTD (65 inches) IPS LED. It is a 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV with an AI-enabled and Web OS operating system with a one-year warranty.
Under the Value for Money category, the choice goes to Samsung Entertainment Series HD UA32T4340AKXXL 9 32 inches). It has a HyperReal Picture Engine with a Tizen Operating System and is HD Ready LED Smart Tv with a one-year warranty.
Here are a few features that you should investigate before buying a smart TV in India in 2021.
- SCREEN SIZE: As the saying goes, Bigger is better. As per today’s standards, the minimum screen size should be 43 inches or more to get a real theatre life experience. However, other features need to be checked at the same time to keep from having distorted images on the screen.
- RESOLUTION: Full HD means 1920x1080p and 4K means 3840x2170p. 4K Ultra HD means 3840×2160. This has more than 8 million pixels. The latest addition to the market is 8K Ultra HD which has 33 million pixels. Ideally speaking, 4K and 8K are the best for high graphic gaming.
- SCREEN TYPE: LED screens are most trusted option for affordable TVs in India as it has high-contrast ratio with bright results. OLED has an enhanced viewing experience by giving premium picture quality with the widest viewing angles. QLED has improvised LCD panels with LED. The best option is LED, as it is affordable and has excellent quality images.
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Smart TV with an Android operating system will allow Play store and download games from it. There is also Google Assistant. Fire OS supports fewer apps when compared with Android TV. Tizen OS is the latest operating system in Samsung TVs with a personal assistant and patented screen-mirroring technology. Web OS currently in LG has a customizable interface.
- CONNECTIVITY: A minimum of 3 HDMI ports is a must-have on any good smart TV. Wi-Fi connectivity is a must in any Smart TV. 2 or 3 USB ports should also be available so that devices can be connected to watch media files. A VGA port, if available, will help to connect the computer with the TV.
- REFRESH RATE: A minimum of a 60-hertz refresh rate will ensure the images are perfect and keep the videos running smoothly.
Table of Contents
Best Smart TVs in India (2021)
32 Inch Category
Samsung tops the list. However, other brands are equally well, such as the Sony HD Ready Smart TV, LG HD ready Smart TV, and Sanyo Smart TV.
The options in the Samsung UA32TE40AAKXXL Model have a refresh rate of 60 Hertz, HD Ready LEd (1366×768 pixels) with 2 HDMI and 1 USB port. It has built-in Wi-Fi and Tizen OS. This means the 3 GB Tizen app store with Netflix, Sony Liv, YouTube Apple TV are preinstalled. And comes with one year warranty. It also has Dolby digital plus 20W speakers. It has a single Bluetooth remote to control with a dedicated Netflix/Prime and Zee5 buttons.
For the complete list of TVs, you can check our list of best LED TV under 25000 in India.
43 Inch Category
LG tops the list with equal competition from Sony and Samsung. The LG Models 43UM7290PTF/ 50UM7290PTD / 55UM7290PTD has powerful Sound Speakers, built-in WIFI, Two-way Bluetooth, 3 HDMI, and 2 USB ports. The Quad-core processor, Airplay2 to Connect to Apple devices, 1.5 GB RAM, 4K resolution take the LG TV to the top of the list. However, there is no magic remote provided. It needs to be purchased separately. You can check our list of best smart 43 inches LED TV in India.
49 & 50 Inch Category
Sony 4K UHD Smart Tv is the best, along with Smart TVs from Micromax, LG, and Samsung.
The Sony Bravia Models KD-49X7002G / KD-43X7002G comes with a refresh rate of 50 Hertz, Bass reflex speakers, and Linux-based OS and built-in WIFI along with 3 HDMI and 3 USB ports. The plus point is the TRILUMINOS Display for extra color and brilliance. The downside is that there is no Bluetooth connectivity, and the price is a little bit on the higher side. The model comes in 2 different sizes that are 43 and 49 inches. It has YouTube and Netflix buttons on remote and supports images in JPEG, GIF, RAW, and TIFF formats.
Which brand of Smart TV is more prevalent in India?
All brands have some unique features not available in other brands. However, Samsung and Panasonic have some of the best models of Smart TV in India in 2021.
How should Smart TVs look?
The slim and sleek look is better. The latest is the curved look with a very thin appearance, thereby saving space.
Should Smart TVs support OTT platforms?
The answer is an obvious yes. With more and more OTT platforms being launched in India, such as Netflix, Hot star, Amazon Prime, Voot, etc., the Smart TV should stream these effortlessly.
With a wide variety of options available in the field of Smart TVs, choosing the best one is quite tricky. However, it is hoped that the above buying guide for Smart TV in India will be helpful. Since TVs have become the primary source of entertainment, choose wisely. So happy shopping and viewing.